1975 born in Kibbutz Cabri, Israel
Lives and works in New York, United States
2002-2004 MFA, Hunter College Art School, New York
1997-2000 BFA, Beit-Berel College - School of Art, Israel
2009 The Network project, commission by Lomadri region Contemporary Art museums network
2007 Six Point Fellowship, NYC
HBI Research Award, Hadassah- Brandies institute, MA.
2005 AIM – Artist In the Marketplace fellowship program at the Bronx museum
2003-2004 American Israeli Cultural Foundation Overseas graduate scholarship.
2000- 2001 American Israeli Cultural Foundation
Beit Berel Certificates of Honor for artistic excellence
2010 The Vanishing Woman, Live-cinema performance at PS1/ MoMA (as
part as Greater New York performance program), NYC
Manja, The Bialik House, Tel-Aviv, Israel
2009 Twister, Network of Lombardy Contemporary Art Museums (10 sites in
10 different museums), Italy.
Ofri Cnaani, Galleria Ugo Ferranti, Rome, Italy.
Tale of Ends, Le Poisson Rouge, New York.
2007 Two Dimensional Days, Andrea Meislin Gallery, New York.
Decreation, Braverman Gallery, Tel Aviv, Israel.
2006 Death Bed, Haifa Museum of Art, Haifa, Israel (Curator: Ilana Tennbaum)
2005 The Blind Scenario, Pack Gallery, Milan (curator: Claudia Zanfi)
The colonel and I, Andrea Meislin Gallery, New York.
2004 WE, MFA Thesis Show, Hunter College / Times Square Gallery, NY.
The Sun Still Shines, Pack Galleria, Milan.
2003 The Black & White Theater, Alon Segev Gallery, Tel-Aviv.
Art Focus 4, Jerusalem (curators: Yigal Zalmona and Susan Landau).
Patrol, Herzliya Museum of Art, Herzliya (curator: Dalia Levin)
2002 Ofri Cnaani – Dror Daum, Alon Segev gallery, Tel Aviv.
2000 Waiting Room, Peer Gallery, Tel Aviv.
• Handhald Histories, Queens Museum of Art, NYC
• Longitude &Latitude, Tivon Art Gallery, Israel (curator: Taly Cohen-Garbuz)
• Finzioni-videoracconti contemporanei, Museo internazionale delle marionette Antonio Pasqualinodi (curator: Paola Nicita)
• Looking In, Looking Out,, The Israel Museum, Jerusalem (Curator: Hagit Alon).
• Rupture and Repair, The Adi Foundation and The Israel Museum, Artists' House, Jerusalem. (curator: Emily Bileski)
• Metamorphoses: Error, Ofri Cnaani, Tamar Halpern and Vlatka Horvat, Braverman Gallery, Tel-Aviv.
• Ecstasy, The former convent of St. Cecilia’s P 21 Monitor Street, Brooklyn, NY
• FORUM DES IMAGES, Nuit Blanche in Paris, Paris (curator: Marie Shek)
• The Situation, Moscow Biennial (special project), (curator: Elizabeth M. Grady)
• Wild Exaggeration, Haifa Museum of Art, Israel (curator: Tami Katz-Frieman)
• Fresh Fruits, Ten Haaf Project, Amsterdam.
• Video Zone, The 4th International Video-Art Biennial in Israel.
• A Re-reading of the future, ITCA 2008 – International Triennale of Contemporary Art, National Gallery in Prague (curator: Danna Taggar)
• Real Time: Art in Israel 1998–2008, Israel museum, Jerusalem (curator: Amitai Mendelson, Efrat Natan).
• LOOP, Video Art Festival, Barcelona, Spain.
• Mexico NewYork Paris, Estación Indianilla Centro cultural, Mexico City.
• Playing with Solitude, Ursula Blickle Videolounge at the Kunsthalle Wein, Viena (Curator: Tal Yahas).
• Port-City, Arnolfini foundation Museum, Bristol, UK. (Curator: Tom Trevor)
• Storytellers, Castello Dell’Acciaiolo, Scandicci, Italy. (Curator: Pietro Gaglianò)
• The Space Between, Petach Tikva Museum, Israel (Curator: Drorit Gur Arie)
• Bat Yam Museum, Israel (Curator: Neta Gal-Atzmon)
• Art and Urban Practices- New City-Territories. Venice, Italy
• Disengagement, Tel Aviv Museum of Art, Tel Aviv, Israel
• Floating Symmetry, Going Public '06- Atlante Mediterraneo, Nicosia, Cyprus.
• I Cant quite Place It, smack Mellon, Brooklyn , NYC (Curator: Elizabeth M. Grady)
• LOOP, Video Art Festival, Barcelona, Spain
• AIM 25, Bronx Museum of Art, New York
• ARCO 05, Madrid, Spain
• Going Public 04: maps, confines, new geographies, aMAZE cultural lab, Modena, Italy (curator: Claudia Zanfi)
• Visionaries, Makor Art Center, New York.
• Video:1Min:1800 Frames, City without Walls, Newark, NJ.
• Artik 5, American - Israeli "Sharet" Cultural Foundation Winners Exhibition, Ramat-Gan Museum, Ramat-Gan.
• The Kiss, Kalisher Art Gallery, Tel-Aviv
• Action Express, Kalisher Art Gallery, Tel-Aviv
• Graduate Exhibition, Beit Berel-College-School of Art - "Midrasha"
• Artik 3, American - Israeli "Sharett" Cultural Foundation Winners Exhibition, University Gallery, Tel-Aviv
• VideoTrip, Video Art Nightly Project, Rosenfeld Gallery, Tel Aviv